Hi! We’re Ashita and Grace!
Think of us as your stylish best friends. The ones you call when you have a fashion emergency or need a last minute outfit. Your first phone call when in need of a recipe to impress or suggestions on travel plans. Our work lives are jam-packed, but that doesn’t mean we sacrifice our guilty pleasures: fashion, food, and travel.
Ashita & Grace
10 Fun Facts About Ashita
- I love color. Period. It’s nearly impossible for me to make any decisions regarding color.
- I’m big reader. When I was younger, my parents didn’t let us watch TV and instead gave us books. Since then, I’ve been hooked. I’m a big fan of history and trashy romance novels.
- I’m a foodie but can still be a super picky eater. I love Tex-Mex food which is great because I live in Austin but no one will ever go with me!
- Fries are my kryptonite but when I get them I usually end up eating only a few and begging other people to eat the rest.
- My eyes are always bigger then my stomach. So I end up ordering too much food and making too much food! The plus side is that I never lack meal partners. Also, if I'm indulging in one of my many many guilty pleasures, I'll have to negotiate with myself about how much I'll excersize to burn it off. Ex. I'll have a cookie but do an hour of yoga when I get home.
- I can be very socially awkward.
- I spend 80% of my day thinking about food and 20% of it thinking about fashion.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up (and sadly I think I’m considered grown). I love, love, love blogging and I'm really hopping I'll find a way to do this for a living!
- I get really emotionally invested in movies and TV shows. Sometimes when I know something bad is going to happen on a TV show, I'll just stop watching. In my mind, if don't watch it then it didn't happen.
- I’m a traveler. I took my first international trip when I was 6 months old. Since then, I get antsy if a couple months go by and I haven’t traveled.
10 Fun Facts About Grace
- When I was little, I wanted to be a teacher, a vet, an circus animal trainer, a cartoonist, an artist, and an archaeologist. My biggest dream was a cartoonist/artist, but was crushed by my conservative Asian mom.
- I’ve been on a diet since middle school.
- If I could choose something to be good at, it would be mixing and playing the drums. I’m taking drum lessons now, I REALLY love it.
- I’ve been playing Starcraft since middle school. I play so much in high school, my mom was amazed I went to college.
- My mom thinks I’m weird. (See #4.)
- I love to travel! I’ll have to say my favorite destinations were Berlin, Madrid, and New Delhi.
- I’m a quarter North Korean, which technically doesn’t mean anything because we’re the same people, but I think it’s interesting because he escaped by foot. I’ve been to the border from the South Korea side and also from the China side and it’s really crazy to think how someone risked their life to seek a better life.
- I have extremely cheap taste in food, so while my little sister’s favorite foods are lobster and steak, my favorites are burgers and ice cream. A few summers ago, when our family was on a road trip around Yellowstone Park, my sister wanted lobsters but I HATE them so I got a cheeseburger at McDonalds at a drive thru, ate it in the car, and then we went for her beloved lobsters.
- My sister and I look exactly the same, but oddly, look totally different at the same time. You’ll understand when you see her.
- I’m terrified of gutters, sharks, and airplanes. And heights. I will die before I bungee jump.
We love feedback, comments, and readers that just want to say hi! Get in touch with us below: