I'm a tex-mex fiend. If I had to I could live on tex-mex forever. Enchiladas are my go-to for company. They're so perfect because once you prep them, everyone can sit down to eat at the same time AND the food is still hot. You'll thank me for this recipe. It's easy and you wont stop getting compliments!
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach - thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn - thawed
- 1 can unsalted black beans
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/2 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 4 tbs taco seasoning
- 8 - 10 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa. `
- In a sauce pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and pepper to pan. Cook until tender.
- Add in spinach, corn, black beans and spices. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer over low for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and stir in half of the cheese.
- Divide mix among the tortillas and roll tightly.
- Spray a 8 x 12 pan with cooking spray and lay the rolls in the pan.
- Cover with tomatillo salsa and cheese and bake for 10 minutes.