Hello from India! I finally made it! But I have to say my sense of time is totally thrown off! It's been a whirlwind 24 hours with last minute shopping (wait until you see what I bought!) and major wedding preparations! So when I got a free minute (when my hands weren't hennaed up) I grabbed my chance to blog! :)
Last summer, I spent some time helping my cousin with the restaurant he was launching (check out Steve's Landing in Galveston). Coming up with the menu and recipes was absolutely a blast! I wish I could do "restaurant consulting" for a career! Anyway, one of the big hits on his menu were these amazing tropical fruit shots! When I wracking my brain for some easy eats for New Year's this immediately came to mind! Of course, to celebrate New Year's, you need a little sparkle! So I made this version a sparkling pineapple vodka shot! And for kind you can always leave out the vodka! These are absolutely delicious and just a little dangerous! Try them out at your New Year's and let me know what you think!
- 1 pineapple - Chopped into small pieces and chilled
- 1 cup good quality Vodka
- 2 cups Sprite
- Mix Sprite and Vodka together.
- Pour over Pineapple.
- Let sit for at least an hour.
- At this point you can serve in glasses with the liquid OR serve just the pineapple by itself!
- Don't throw out the liquid once you take out the pineapple! It makes a great drink all by itself!